Call for Application: UN Fellowship People of African Descent: Apply before June 1stMay 7th 2015
Call for Application: 2015 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent - Deadline for Applications June 1th 2015
The Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent provides the participants with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent. The Fellowship Programme will allow the participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
Who can apply?
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- The candidate has to submit a letter of support from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights.
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
The Fellowship will be held from 2 to 20 November 2015 in Geneva, Switzerland. Participant’s entitlement:
Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva; basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
Deadline for Applications 1 June 2015Please click on “United Nations Human Rights” below to find out further details and How to apply.